The Humanist Movement is an international organization formed by people of different ages, nationalities, cultures and religions, united by the project to build a truly human world. A world in which human beings, with their needs and aspirations, are the central value. A society in which human rights are completely realized: the right to health, education, freedom, spirituality, search for the meaning of life, and an existence with dignity.
The humanist movement is the organized expression of the ideals and values of New Humanism, an activist current of humanism that emphasizes the need for simultaneous personal and social change. New Humanism recognizes that the social changes we long for will not be possible without corresponding changes in personal values, beliefs and actions; and also that our personal freedom expands or contracts according to the society in which we live.
The system, driven by global finance capital, continues to produce and to justify monstrosities of daily injustice and suffering and widening cycles of violence that threaten our very survival. The political parties and social, religious and business leaders are either unwilling or unable to stem this destructive tide. In this context, New Humanism emphasizes the necessity to find both the mechanisms and the impetus for the people, the citizens of our region and the world to become protagonists in a process of change based on active non-violence and framed by the following six points:
- placing the human being as the central value and concern,
- affirming the equality of all people and striving for truly equality of opportunity for all
- valuing personal and cultural diversity and condemning all forms of discrimination
- encouraging the development of knowledge beyond limitations accepted as "truths"
- affirming the freedom of ideas and beliefs
- rejecting all forms of violence, including economic, racial, religious, sexual and other forms of violence
Humanist Movement is working in 150 countries with 4 Million volunteers (we have no paid workers and no infrastructure to spend for, and no one earns from this activity) with the aim of Personal & Social Transformation.
For us, Human being is of the highest value and there is nothing that can come in as discrimination. Our methodology is of Non-violence.
While we care for the psychological (personal) growth of the human being, the social progress as a necessity is done simultaneously with that.
Humanist Movement expresses itself in different fields of life through different Organisms, like :
1. World Without Wars (which is now organising the biggest World March from 02 Oct 2009 to 02 Jan 2010, that will start in New Zealand and reach mountains of Andes in Argentina, through Australia, Asia, China, Russia, Europe, Africa, North America and South America, covering 1,60,000 KM journey in 90 countries seeing participation of 10 Million people. http://www.worldmarchforpeace.org/ , and http://www.marchamundial.org/
2. Center of Culture, that works by bringing people of different cultures together as Humans, creating strong bonds among them.
3. The Community for social Development, works in the social field, bringing people together on various issues that concern the society.
4. Humanist Party is the mission of the Movement to cleanse the society of Corruption and Violence through non-violence. Its a mission wherein we are bringing together the good-honest-selfless people together with a clear mission to manage the society through the formation of Humanist Governments, thereby bringing fundamental changes in the way society is run-managed, changing the lives of billions in quality. http://www.humanistparty.org
A very detailed explanation about the Humanist Movement is available at : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanist_Movement
For any further information/clarification, please contact us :
R-10, 3rd floor, KhirkiExtn., Malviya Nagar, New Delhi 110017, INDIA
PARKS OF STUDY AND REFLECTIONS, NARHI
Via Kaluahi, Off National Highway No. 105,
District Madhubani - 847229, Bihar, India
Phone : +91-9312465666. E-mail :
Contact person : Sudhir Gandotra / Manju Jha